Weight Loss – Four Tips To Prevent you from stopping your weight loss programme
Worried about what could be stalling your weight loss progress? Have you been following your diet without missing a beat, seeing good results for the first few weeks and then suddenly, all improvements in your weight loss readings stopped?
You might have been frustrated – ready to toss in the towel. But don’t be so quick to do that just yet! The fact is, you can overcome a weight loss stall with a few smart strategies. Let us look at what you need to know to get this handled…
1. Triple Check Your Counting. One of the main reasons people stop seeing results is they become lazy with their calorie counting. Remember, you must count calories accurately if you hope to see ongoing success. If you mistakenly miscount your calories, this could easily cost you your results.
If you are 200 to 300 calories over each day, this will wipe out the progress you should be seeing.
2. Increase Your Macronutrients. Another thing to try is to raise your number of macros: your carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Or, if you have been using a higher carb diet, try a lower carb one instead as this might jump-start your progress.
Likewise, if you have been on a low-carb diet, try a higher carb one instead. Sometimes a simple switch is all you need.
3. Try A Refeed. If the above fails, you might want to try a refeed. If you have been dieting for weeks on end, a higher calorie day or two could help restart your stalled metabolism, giving you faster progress again.
Try eating 500 to 1000 calories more for one or two days, making most of those calories from carbohydrate foods. Then see if that doesn’t restart fat burning when you move back onto your fat loss plan.
4. Reconsider Your Approach. Finally, if this all fails, you may need to review your calorie intake entirely. Perhaps you need to adjust it down since you have lost weight? Remember weight loss requires continual adjustments, so do not be afraid to make changes as you go about your weight loss plans.
Keep these tips in mind, and you can ensure you continually see progress on your weight loss plan. Anyone who starts making changes to their diet reaps tremendous health benefits almost immediately. One study revealed people who ate a low-fat, high-fiber diet, and who also added forty minutes of physical activity to their day, found…
- they lowered their blood pressure,
- improved their cholesterol levels, and
- reduced their insulin levels
in just three weeks. Just ensure you keep your weight on the downward slope.
Although managing Type 2 diabetes can be very challenging, it is not a condition you must just live with. Make simple changes to your daily routine – include exercise to help lower both your blood sugar levels and your weight.
For nearly 25 years, Beverleigh Piepers has searched for and found a number of secrets to help you build a healthy body.
Go to http://DrugFreeType2Diabetes.com to learn about some of those secrets
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9774969