Kill Belly Fat: The Enzyme Method
ENZYMES ARE AN IMPORTANT piece of the nutritional puzzle, especially when you’re trying to lose belly fat or any excess weight. They help to break down food in the digestive system and they produce valuable nutrients. One of the primary reasons for excess belly fat comes from food that stays in the digestive system too long. Enzymes break down the food and prevent it from turning into fat. And enzymes release energy nutrients that burn calories.
Enzymes are catalysts that help to break down foods for digestion. They are found in most fresh, raw fruits and vegetables as well as foods such as yogurt. Some of the top enzyme producers include pineapple, papaya, grapes, mango, kiwi, avocado, melons, carrots, celery, kale, cabbage, and raw honey. However, some fermented vegetables produce enzymes most notably sauerkraut, and pickles.
ENSURING ENZYME VALUE
You get the most value from your food when you follow the following procedures:
1. First of all, purchase crisp, fresh produce
2. Keep the skins on fresh fruits and vegetables, especially during refrigeration
3. Don’t soak your fresh fruits or vegetables
4. Wash and scrub your produce well
5. Enzymes are best obtained when produce is eaten raw
6. If you need to cook it, cook produce whole or in large chunks with peels on
7. It’s best to cook foods for the shortest possible time
8. Use quick cooking methods: blanch, steam, stir-fry, or grill
9. Cook vegetables until soft but crisp and colorful
10. Serve food promptly
SPECIAL NEEDS INDIVIDUALS
· Women of childbearing age
· Pregnant or breast-feeding women
· Individuals over 50 year-of-age
· Some vegetarians
· Individuals who don’t eat dairy products
Enzymes help convert food to energy and they aid in exercise. Enzymes help prevent fatigue, muscle cramps, weakness, joint pain they aid in the preservation of bone strength. Additionally, they help burn calories, fight toxins in the blood stream, maintain good metabolism, break down and dissolve belly fats.
ADVICE FOR INCREASING ENZYME CONSUMPTION
Fat burning enzymes are most prevalent in fresh fruits and vegetables, so:
· Add fresh fruit to your breakfast
· Eat fresh, raw vegetables by having a small salad at lunch and dinner
· Add beans and seed sprouts to your salads
· Purchase only whole-grain foods like brown rice and whole-grain breads and cereals
· At lunch and dinner ensure that there’s something green as well as yellow or orange
· Don’t boil your vegetables
· If you must snack, reach for fresh, raw vegetables
· Occasionally try green shakes or slushies
· Drink about 16 ounces of water before a meal, but no water during the meal
· Eat your fruits at the end of the meal
· If necessary, take a supplement, but talk to your physician first!
Under the pen name, my casual name, Chris Gregory, I’ve authored Buckshot Pie and more recently Dismounted Liberty which is available in eBook on Amazon for $2.99 and is free to download till February 14th, 2015. You can read this family memoir about Charlie who braved through remarkable circumstances – read it on your iPhone or just about any other device.