Inquest hears how woman died as a direct result of gastric bypass operation at the Whittington Hospital.
Miroslawa Fabinska, 35, contracted blood poisoning caused by a hernia which was not treated by medical staff in time.
Polish-born Miss Fabinska underwent gastric bypass surgery on September 11 last year but was readmitted to the Archway hospital’s A&E department on September 17 with symptoms of an infection to the stomach.
A scan taken a day later revealed there was an obstruction related to the surgery.
Despite senior doctors ordering a tube to be inserted to clear the obstruction, it was not carried out, leading to two perforations which caused her death.
A post-mortem examination found that Miss Fabinska died of multiple organ dysfunction caused by sepsis and anastomotic leakage following gastric by-pass surgery.