LASER CLINIC (FRANCE) LTD. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To arrange a consultation call us on 0033-686567031 to discuss in confidence your initial requirements when we will advise you on what your options are in your particular case. We will then arrange for someone to contact you at a time convenient for you.
IMPORTANT NOTES. YOU ARE ADVISED TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS THEY WILL FORM PART OF YOUR AGREEMENT.
Laser Clinic (France) Limited (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “we” or “us”, which expression includes any associated company) act throughout as agent for the various hospitals and doctors which may be involved in your treatment. If you decide to proceed with treatment then your arrangements will be facilitated by us but your agreement will be directly with the hospitals, Clinics, and doctors concerned. The expression “you” and “your” in these terms and conditions refers to the patient with whom we contract for the arrangement of surgery.
These will be arranged at a relevant consulting room at hospital or clinic in France or Belgium. Any surgery to be undertaken is entirely at the discretion of the surgeons, doctors or practitioners at those hospitals or clinics, whose decision for suitability for any surgery is final. Any costs incurred by you prior to, and following the intended surgery are your responsibility. Every effort is taken to ensure that you are likely to be suitable for surgery prior to your initial medical consultation, but in ascertaining this we are not making any medical judgment and nothing in these Terms and Conditions and in any agreement with you is a warranty that we hold ourselves out as holding any particular medical expertise. It is your responsibility to ensure that all facts which may be relevant are disclosed to us in advance, including any previous surgery or medical conditions.
We act as coordinators between you and the hospitals, clinics, surgeons, doctors, other practitioners, hoteliers, transportation providers and providers of other related services which may from time to time be used by us to provide a complete packaged service on behalf of you. All bookings for surgery are made by us with various hospitals, surgeries, clinics and other medical practitioners throughout France, on your behalf. You are obligated in the first instance to liaise through us, Laser Clinic (France) Ltd, by contacting and liaising with your appointed Coordinator only, and not the hospital or surgeon with whom your surgery may be booked. Your Coordinator is your initial point of contact at all times and will offer help and advice specific to you personally, to ensure that all elements of your booking are arranged and delivered in accordance with your requirements in a timely manner.
In the event of any medical or surgical problems or concerns following surgery you should seek medical advice at the earliest opportunity by contacting the surgeon and/or hospital where the procedure took place. Furthermore, you are advised to e-mail or write to the surgeon or hospital where the surgery or procedure took place, with a copy to us so that the details can be logged and recorded for future reference. This procedure is for your own protection and we strongly advice compliance to avoid any complications or disputes.
Immediately following surgery you will be given written instructions by the doctor, surgeon or hospital how to make contact with them should the need arise. The practitioners and hospitals endeavor to exercise due diligence to minimise risks where possible, however all surgery carries an element of risk.
We have no control over the conduct of surgeons and hospitals and their staff, though we exercise all reasonable care and skill in selecting surgeons and hospitals for you. We will in no circumstances whatsoever be deemed to be liable or held responsible for any medical/surgical problems or related complications which may occur during, or following any surgery, medical procedure or treatment undertaken. Any claims of a surgical/medical nature must be referred to the appropriate surgeon, practitioner or hospital.
CancellationsCancellations by you
- Two weeks prior to operation if no consultations have taken place we will refund any monies paid in advance, less £300 for admin costs and consultants’ cancellation charges.
- Two weeks prior to operation if consultations have taken place we will refund any monies paid in advance, less £300 for admin costs and consultants fees.
- Seven working days prior to operation no refund. Any cancellations made by you within 7 working days (working days = Monday to Friday) of any pre-booked or scheduled consultations and surgeries will forfeit any monies or fees of any kind paid in advance.
- Deposits paid by you for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by us. All Booking must be taken up within 12 Months of the Original Booking. If for any reason beyond our control the Consultations or Procedures are not completed prior to this 12 months period, these Deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations by you where deposits have been made and paid by you for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by us until at least 30 days following the date of any pre-booked Consultations or procedures when such appointments have been cancelled by the client for whatever reason. Any such refunds will be made less an Administrative charge of £ 300.00 Sterling.
- Payments made in full and paid by you for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by us. All Booking must be taken up within 12 Months of the Original Booking. If for any reason beyond our control the Consultations or Procedures are not completed prior to this 12 Months Period, these PAYMENTS are non-refundable.
- Cancellations by you where payments have been made in full and paid by you for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by us until at least 30 days following the date of any pre-booked Consultations or procedures when such appointments have been cancelled by you for whatever reason. Any such refunds will be made LESS an Administrative charge of £ 300.00 Sterling.
- Under no circumstances whatsoever will you enter into any discussions or negotiations with the Hospitals or Surgeons directly. Any such attempts will be deemed to be in breach of contract to these terms and conditions.
Cancellation by SurgeonsDue to the nature of surgical procedures, the surgeon may decide not to proceed with the intended surgery for medical reasons and the health issues that could arise for the patient if an operation took place. The surgeon may also decide not to proceed with the intended surgery if there has been non-disclosure by you of previous material abdominal operations which could affect the surgeon’s ability to carry out the intended surgery. No refunds under these circumstances will be due unless costs are refunded by the relevant hospital or surgeon.
- Due to the nature of Surgical Procedures, surgeons or anesthetist commitments, and other unforeseen medical requirements it is inevitable that there may be times when circumstances for pre booked Operations have to be re-scheduled. At such times we reserve the right to offer alternative dates for Consultations and surgical procedures.
- On such occasions we will liaise with the Clinics concerned to re-schedule at times that are acceptable to both the clinics and to you. Further to this, we will undertake to offer 2 alternative dates wherever possible.
- If such re-scheduled dates are not accepted by you for whatever reason, then we reserve the rights to refund up to 50% only of any funds previously paid in advance to Bariatric Hospitals Ltd. and or associated Companies
- Any cancellations made by you within 7 working days of any pre booked or scheduled consultations and surgeries will forfeit any monies or fees of any kind paid in advance.
- Under no circumstances whatsoever will you enter into any discussions or negotiations with the Clinics or Surgeons directly. Any such attempts will be deemed to be in breach of contract.
- The terms of this agreement are applicable only between you and us. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall we be deemed liable for any other costs of parties or persons who may be traveling as a companion to the client.
- At the consultation, if you request additional surgery, and the surgeon agrees, you will be required to pay the additional charges prior to your operation. You will then need to make arrangements at a local bank for this cash to be made available prior to the operation taking place. At most banks in France you can draw cash from either your credit cards or debit cards to obtain the extra payment that is required. The hospitals do not accept payment by credit-cards. This individual pricing is required due to the fact that each patient’s needs vary according to the requirements of any surgical procedures and aftercare which will be required to complete the surgery
- All procedures and operations are conducted in private, registered clinics, surgeries and hospitals in France which are regulated by French, and/or other EU Medical Authorities.
Our philosophy is to arrange surgery at sensible prices, without compromise in the standards of care and expertise. A successful outcome to surgery can only be achieved with highly qualified surgeons, selecting expert anaesthetist and dedicated support teams, we endeavor to combine these essentials of service at a reasonable cost.
- There are risks associated with any Surgery, and these should be discussed with the surgeon at the time of your initial consultation.
- It is you’re the responsibility to attend the designated hospital for consultations and medical procedures at the appointed times.
- At the hospital you will have your own private room, with private facilities.
- On arrival at the hospital you will be interviewed by the anaesthetist who will discuss with you your general health and medical history. You will be required to bring with you any medications which you currently take to enable the anaesthetist to decide on your requirements for the surgery
- The balance of the cost for the surgery must be paid prior to being admitted to the hospital, and must be paid in Euros at the rate of exchange prevailing at that time.
- We will advise you on the most appropriate and cost effective travel arrangements, with airlines, ferry operators, or Channel Tunnel etc.
- In cases where overnight stays are required the night before, or for accompanying relatives or friends, we can arrange for accommodation in local Hotels and B & B establishments at special rates.
- Arrangements can be made to meet you at the appropriate terminal or station for onward transportation to the hospitals, or to your overnight accommodation.
In most cases follow up and aftercare can be conducted by your own GP or healthcare provider in the UK. In cases where follow up visits and after care are required by your surgeons following Gastric Band Surgery we will where possible, arrange for this to take place at private consulting rooms in aftercare centers situated in various locations of The UK and Ireland. You will be advised when and where to attend. We aim for complete customer satisfaction and all surgeons and hospitals and associated staff and facilities are regularly monitored to ensure complete satisfaction.